Windows Internet Explorer - web browsers included as part of the Microsoft Windows. Internet Explorer provides improved navigation through tabbed browsing, web search right from the toolbar, advanced printing, easy discovery, reading and subscription to RSS feeds, and much more. Internet Explorer includes advancements in security and browsing experience for end users, functionality and compatibility for developers, and manageability for corporate network administrators.
Internet Explorer provides security through a robust new architecture, security features that help defend against malicious software (also known as malware), and new ways to better protect against the theft of personal data from fraudulent Web sites, a practice known as phishing.
- Tabbed browsing. View multiple sites in a single Internet Explorer window. Easily switch from one site to another through tabs at the top of the browser frame.
- Quick Tabs. Easily select and navigate through open tabs by displaying thumbnails of them all in a single window.
- Tab Groups. Tabs can be grouped and saved into logical categories, so you can open multiple tabs with a single click.
- Advanced printing. Internet Explorer automatically scales a webpage for printing, so the entire webpage fits on your printed page.
- Instant Search box. Web searches using your favorite search provider can now be entered into a search box within the toolbar, eliminating the clutter of separate toolbars.
- Favorites Center. Get quick and easy access to your Favorites, Tab Groups, Internet Explorer History, and RSS Feed subscriptions.
- RSS feeds. Internet Explorer automatically detects RSS feeds on sites and illuminates an icon on the toolbar.
- Page zoom. Enlarge individual webpages, including both text and graphics, to either focus on specific content or to make content more accessible to those with vision limitations.
- Fixed Bugs.