TagScanner allows making work with music database easier. It provides possibility to organize your musical archive. TagScanner‘s function is changing different formats files names on your computer in a way that their names contain information from tags. This utility also allows generating tag according to file or directory name, as well as changing necessary fields in the batch mode.
Program supports following tags: ID3v1 и ID3v2, Vorbis Comments, APEv2, WMA, and MP4. TagScanner proposes many options for getting information about the album from online database. TagScanner application contains simple but very comfortable playlist editor, which provides such options as playlists saving and reading in PLS/M3U and exporting in HTML, or Excel tables.
- Tags generating according to information from online services, such as freedb or Amazon.
- Manual information search through albums using freedb.
- Tags generating according to directory/file name.
- Words replacing and letters register changing both for file name and tags.
- Full Unicode support.
- Support of all popular formats: MP3, OGG, Musepack, Monkey's Audio, FLAC, AAC, OptimFROG, SPEEX, WavePack, TrueAudio, WMA, MP4.
- Supports all meta data formats: ID3 1.0/1.1/2.2/2.3/2.4 tags, APE v1 andv2 tags, Vorbis Comments, WMA tags and MP4 (iTunes) meta tags.
- Viewing and editing attached songs texts and coverings.
- Easy converting different tags version.
- Multilanguage interface.
- In-built multi format player
- Improved: Handling of non-unique named text frames from ID3v2 tags (more compatible).
- Improved: Accelerated handling of covers for OGG and OPUS files.
- New placeholder %_bitrate_type% for VBR or CBR indication (if available).
- Fixed: Work with pictures descriptions in editor.
- Changed: Old СOVERART fields from Vorbis Comments will be converted to the new METADATA_BLOCK_PICTURE field while saving.
- Changed: ENCODER field from Vorbis Comments no longer mapped to ENCODEDBY to prevent possible problems with MQA encoded files.