Bitvise SSH Client is highly customizable tool to be used in specific situations and controlled environments. The portable Bitvise SSH Client version was developed to run Bitvise SSH Client distribution from a USB key, in the U3 and PortableApps formats.
Additionally, remote server configuration is supported: using Bitvise SSH Client, all WinSSHD settings can be configured remotely. The server's event log can also be remotely viewed and managed.
- Support for RSA and DSA public key authentication with comprehensive user keypair management.
- Powerful SSH port forwarding capabilities.
- Dynamic forwarding through integrated SOCKS and HTTP CONNECT proxy.
- Automatic resuming, text file awareness, recursive subdirectory transfers.
- High speed - up to 5 MB/s when connected to a WinSSHD server, network bandwidth and disk resources permitting.
- Fast responsiveness to user input even when in the middle of multiple file transfers.
- Advanced, scriptable command-line SFTP client.
- All terminal emulation is done in a regular Windows console.
- UTF support with VT-100 and xterm, Unicode support with bvterm (full Unicode support on NT-series Windows platforms).
- Sftpc - an advanced command-line SFTP client.
- SSH implementations have a chance of generating RSA signatures slightly smaller than expected with a small probability (e.g. 1:200).
- Windows CNG, as used by our new cryptographic provider in versions 7.xx, has been found to return an incorrect signature size for odd-sized RSA keys (e.g. for 1023-bit or 2047-bit keys).
- Certain implementations (e.g. OpenSSH version 7.2, but not 7.2p2) have been found to encode RSA signatures using the new signature methods rsa-sha2-256 and rsa-sha2-512 in a way that is not compatible with the specification of these methods.
- Our SSH Server, SSH Client, and FlowSsh now have improved Windows error reporting, distinguishing NTSTATUS error messages from those associated with HRESULT.