3D Rad is a freeware development tool used to create 3D games, interactive 3D applications and physics-based simulations. Works created with 3D Rad can be delivered to the final user as stand-alone applications or web-based applets.
3D Rad is based on a collection of components that can be combined and configured to interact in various ways. Without writing any code, goals like opening a door when a character approaches or avoiding obstacles with a car while following a race track can be achieved. Physics is mostly built-in, with collision detection between objects, forces, and airfoils.
- Physics in a box. You can enable collision detection and realistic physics for your 3D models by simply importing them to your 3D Rad project.
- Quality rendering. 3D Rad comes with unified shaders designed to integrate smoothly, pre-made natural environment elements, a snap-together road system and many useful resources.
- Artificial Intelligence. Adding CPU controlled cars to your project is as easy as 'plugging' a special object to your virtual cars.
- Network, Multiplayer. 3D Rad includes sample projects demonstrating how to render, in real-time, on a remotely connected PC, a simulation processed on the local machine.
- Sound Effects, Music. Adding high-quality audio effects to your projects is straightforward.
- Your 3d games in a webpage. Compile projects to a format that can be embedded into a webpage at your website.
- GUIWindow: The GUIWindow object allows you to easily add to your projects run-time GUI windows, without any scripting.
- TextPrint/ValuePrint: Dramatically improved load time for all TextPrint/ValuePrint objects that use the same font set.
- EventOnLocation: Added ability to use any 3d model as detection zone for the EventOnLocation object.
- Sprite: Added support for imposters, allowing optimized rendering of multiple instances of the same sprite.
- Character: Multiplayer games support.
- PCar: Multiplayer games support.
- EventOnContact: Added ability to use the EventOnContact object to also detect collisions involving RigidBody imposters.
- RigidBody: Added ability to optionally hide all SkinMeshes linked to the RigidBody, when the RigidBody object is hidden and show them when the RigidBody is shown.
- CamChase: Added a new 'LOOK-AT' setting for the items listed in the relationship window.
- Script: iObjectRefresh() function now supports SoundSource and SoundEffect objects.
|Windows:||XP, Vista, 7, 8|