Autodesk 3ds Max is a high-functional tool for 3D modeling, animation and visualization. It can boast powerful features improving performance of multimedia projects.
Autodesk 3ds Max makes it possible to create 3D computer models, varied in both form and complexity, of existing or imagined objects and simulate their behavior. In addition, you can use this software to visualize all the properties of the object’s materials, as well as the external effects used in the scene.
Key features of Autodesk 3ds Max:
- Sophisticated geometry processing.
- Ability to model solid objects in the viewport; simulate their movements, clothes, natural and artificial force actions; create and break bindings between particles and simulate their collision.
- Hair and Fur modifier, modeling based on gravity, stiffness, dampening, etc.
- Proficient animation of human-like characters, precise control over skeleton and skin deformations.
- Crowd animation.
- Synchronization of sound tracks with the target animation, ability to adjust the timing of animation frames.
- Fluid effect simulation.
- Real-time viewport shading, wiring of different nodes.
- Ability to align objects and move them along the surface of other meshed objects using snaps; quick rotation of objects.
- Ability to create both parametric and organic objects.
- Positioning in tiles, mirroring, blurring, overlaying splines and high-poly objects, removing distortions.
- Work with vector maps.
- Support for Iray and mental ray renderers.
- Segmenting, holding and editing scenes; saving different scene states.
- An abundance of sources of light, volumetric light, tone mapping, accelerated rendering of a particle flow.
Changes in recent version
- Utilize the Retopology modifier to analyze the geometric mesh data below it on the modifier stack and reconstruct polygonal mesh data as clean quad-based topology. Various algorithms are provided to best suit the needs of your workflow.
- ReForm is an automated retopology solution developed by Autodesk that generates new quad based geometry with uncompromising accuracy to follow the curvature and shape of the incoming mesh data.
- Users can help guide the results of ReForm by utilizing existing mesh data such as smoothing groups, material ID boundaries, UV data, Boolean Seams, Normals, edge selection, or angle variance.
- ReForm is perfect for almost any type of mesh data such as scanned, sculptural, generative, or modeled.
- Quadriflow is an automated retopology quadragulation method that is somewhat slower than Instant Meshes but can produce better results that more closely follow the input topology than what Instant Meshes provides.
- Instant Meshes is an automated retopology algorithm that can very quickly produce new quad based topology that can approximately follow your input mesh data. It is best applied to scanned or sculptural data where you need a close approximation.
- When importing mesh data into 3ds Max from other 3D application, this data can often be malformed and have a variety of problems that can not only affect the ability of the Retopology modifier (as it attempts to reconstruct your geometric mesh data), but can affect your ability to perform various actions in 3ds Max as well.
- Utilizing the Mesh Cleaner modifier, you can quickly analyze and repair malformed mesh data.