7-Zip is a file archiver with a high compression ratio. It operates either as a command line program or with a graphical user interface. It also features integration with the Windows shell environment.
7-Zip operates primarily with the 7z archive format, as well as being able to read several other archive formats. 7-Zip supports a number of other compression, and non-compression, archive formats. Supported formats include ZIP, Microsoft cabinet (CAB) files, RAR, ARJ, Z, gzip, bzip2, LHA, tar, tar.gz...
- High compression ratio in new 7z format with LZMA compression.
- Supported formats: 7z, ZIP, GZIP, BZIP2, TAR, RAR, CAB, ISO, ARJ, LZH, CHM, MSI, WIM, Z, CPIO, RPM, DEB and NSIS.
- For ZIP and GZIP formats, 7-Zip provides a compression ratio that is 2-10 % better than the ratio provided by PKZip and WinZip.
- Strong AES-256 encryption in 7z and ZIP formats.
- Self-extracting capability for 7z format.
- Integration with Windows Shell.
- Powerful File Manager.
- Powerful command line version.
- Plugin for FAR Manager.
- Localizations for 69 languages.
- Fixed Bugs.