ABBYY FineReader is a toolset for fast and accurate text recognition, with advanced features that keep the formatting of the document without the need for retyping. FineReader allows you to recognize scanned and photographed texts, as well as PDF files.
The program’s output can be viewed and edited inside the Microsoft Office package or other applications, sent by email or published on the Internet. Thanks to its CSS support, FineReader can very accurately recover the source document’s formatting, including columns, images, fonts and tables, which will look exactly the way they do on the paper copy.
- Accurate text recognition in documents with complex formatting.
- Simple and intuitive interface.
- Recognizes text on scanned images and photographs.
- Supports most of the world’s languages.
- Automatically detects the language of the document.
- Can save to PDF and PDF/A formats.
- Makes efficient use of multi-core processors.