AbiWord is a free word processing program similar to Microsoft Word and is rapidly becoming a state of the art Word Processor. It has lots of features useful for your daily work and personal needs.
AbiWord is unique among word processors in its drive to become a fully cross-platform word processor. It source code is carefully written so that AbiWord will run on virtually any operating system with a minimum of time spent on porting. This combined with support for internationalization (the ability to run AbiWord in many languages) gives AbiWord a massive potential user-base.
- AbiWord is able to read and write all industry standard document types, such as OpenOffice.org documents, Microsoft Word documents, WordPerfect documents, Rich Text Format documents, HTML web pages and many more.
- Advanced Document Layout. Use tables, bullets, lists, images, footnotes, endnotes and styles to enhance the way your document looks.
- Internationalization. AbiWord is available in most common and many not-so-common languages.
- Mail Merge. pecial fields inserted into a template document can automatically be replaced with data coming from a variety of sources, such as Relational Databases, Comma Separated Text files or Tabbed Text files.
- Extensible Plugin Architecture. The main AbiWord program is very small and requires very little resources to run. This allows AbiWord to be used on systems that are not considered "State of the Art" anymore, which comes all too quickly in the IT world.
- Fixed some bugs and a minor improvement.
|Windows:||XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10|