Android Studio is a new Android development environment based on IntelliJ IDEA. Similar to Eclipse with the ADT Plugin, Android Studio provides integrated Android developer tools for development and debugging.
The Android Studio includes: Android Studio early access preview; all the Android SDK Tools to design, test, debug, and profile your app; the latest Android platform to compile your app; the latest Android system image to run your app in the emulator.
Features of Android Studio:
- Live Layout: WYSIWYG Editor - Live Coding - Real-time App Rendering.
- Developer Console: optimization tips, assistance for translation, referral tracking, campaigning and promotions - Usage Metrics.
- Provision for beta releases and staged rollout.
- Gradle-based build support.
- Android-specific refactoring and quick fixes.
- Lint tools to catch performance, usability, version compatibility and other problems.
- ProGuard and app-signing capabilities.
- Template-based wizards to create common Android designs and components.
- A rich layout editor that allows you to drag-and-drop UI components, option to preview layouts on multiple screen configurations.
- Android manifest contains incorrect values for platformBuildVersionCode and platformBuildVersionName.
- Indexer cannot find included header files.
- Android Studio JNI / C++ support broken.
- CMake integration is broken.
- Per-project Studio settings getting lost.
- AndroidClassWithOnlyInnerClassesBase. Incorrect package name 1.
- Cannot open Andriod Studio /Users/?/.android/analytics.settings.
- Custom view doesn't render correctly in Layout Preview if it's located in the same library module.
- Layout Editor Preview tab loads in empty state.
- Memory leak in RenderTask.myAssetRepository.
- Android Studio 3.3 RC 2 Can not resolve symbol in studio editor for resource created by build phase.
- R class navigation doesn't work with AS 3.3 and AGP 3.2.
- profiling-failed-in-android-studio-3-3 all apps crash with new AS 3.3 until you disable "adv. profiling"!.
- R class navigation doesn't work with AS 3.3 and AGP 3.1.
- In China, gradle sync will fail with "can not get time from google servers".
- Can not break on if statements.
- Ctrl+F10 on Windows 10 Android Studio v3.3 opens window menu instead of executing Instant Run (Update Running Application).