AOL Instant Messenger (AIM) is an instant messaging and presence computer program which uses the proprietary OScAR instant messaging protocol and the TOC protocol to allow registered users to communicate in real time. With AOL Instant Messenger you can follow your friends, post photos and status messages to stay connected in real time.
AOL Instant Messenger combines AOL's popular Buddy List and Instant Message features, enabling users to send and respond to messages immediately. Other features include a user directory and buddy chat capabilities, personalized news, and a Neighborhood Watch feature so that you can disconnect when crank chatters contact you.
- Don't miss out on your IMs just because you're busy. AIM lets you retrieve the messages you missed while you were offline.
- Keep all of your IMs organized in one easy window. AIM makes managing your social life even easier.
- AIM lets you save your IM conversations on your computer. Now you'll never have to worry about remembering what one of your friends said to you.
- Share your pictures with your buddies with AIM. The new drag-and-drop interface makes it a snap.
- We've doubled the number of buddies you can have on your Buddy List window. AIM makes it easy to stay in touch with up to 1,000 of your closest friends.
- AIM integrates seamlessly with AIM Phoneline. Keep on talking with your friends, even if your fingers are tired of typing.
- These wallpapers are interactive - they work with AIM and have lots of hidden surprises waiting for you to discover.
- AIM 6 brings profiles to a whole new life. We'll start your AIM Page off with some vanity info, and you fill in the rest.