Avidemux is a free video editor designed for simple cutting, filtering and encoding tasks. It supports many file types, including AVI, DVD compatible MPEG files, MP4 and ASF, using a variety of codecs. Tasks can be automated using projects, job queue and powerful scripting capabilities.
Avidemux is capable of non-linear video editing, applying visual effects (filters) to video, and transcoding video into various formats. Some of the filters were ported from MPlayer and Avisynth. Avidemux can also insert audio streams into a video file or extract audio streams from video files.
- Avidemux is capable of non-linear video editing.
- Advanced options, including generic decoder and post-processing tools.
- User-defined filters, GlyphSet adjustments, and more features.
- Avidemux supports various subtitle formats, including SUB, SSA, ASS and SRT.
- Can also be run from the command line.
- Native support for OGM, MP4 and Matroska files.