Balabolka is a free Text-To-Speech (TTS) program. All computer voices installed on your system are available to Balabolka. Balabolka uses various versions of Microsoft Speech API (SAPI); it allows to alter a voice's parameters, including rate and pitch.
The user can apply a special substitution list to improve the quality of the voice's articulation. This feature is useful when you want to change the spelling of words. The rules for the pronunciation correction use the syntax of VBScript.
- View the text from DOC, RTF, PDF, ODT, FB2 and HTML files.
- Program can read the clipboard content.
- Converts and splits text to speech (WAV, MP3, OGG or WMA).
- Has a pronunciation feature.
- Control reading from the system tray or by the global hotkeys.
- Customize font and background colour.
- Read individual words, sentences and paragraphs as they are typed.
- Small improvements.
- Resources for Hungarian and Portuguese languages were updated.