BitComet is a BitTorrent/HTTP/FTP powerful, fast, easy-to-use download management software, with many advanced features for increasing your download speed up to 5 - 10 times faster. BitComet provides possibility to quickly download and share torrents with others.
Preview while Downloading is possible. Preview of mp3, rmvb, wmv, and qt is available during downloading process. With BitComet you can view the videos several minutes after downloading begun without need to wait till download will be finished. Preview files option allows looking the file content before taking decision about whether download it or not.
One more BitComet advantage is ability to increase service life of hard disk. Well-designed disc cache mechanism reduces the read/write frequency of your hard drive. BitComet also proposes expanded options such as chat, limit speed setting, filter per IP-address, proxy support, DHT Network support (does not require tracker), and shutting down computer as sets it up.
Features of BitComet:
- The torrents can be seeded or resumed immediately without time consuming scans.
- Program checks whether download configuration correspondence with your connection type and automatically set it to match with.
- Intelligent Connection Optimization.
- Intelligent Disk Cache.
- Auto Config ICF (Internet Connection Firewall) and ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) in Windows XP.
- Disabling and Setting Priority of Files.
- Multi-tracker, DHT, utf-8 extension, and UDP tracker Protocol v2.
- Download Management Customization.
- Global and Per-Task Speed Limit, for Both Upload and Download.
- Bandwidth Scheduler.
- GUI Improve: add new advanced option: Use toast notifications in action center under Windows 10 (Need to create shortcut in start menu).
- GUI Improve: the max connection number for HTTP download task changed from 20 to 200 in HTTP task properties window.
- GUI Improve: the max default connection number for HTTP download task changed from 20 to 200 in option window.
- GUI Improve: show notification when the paging file is too small for memory allocation
- GUI Improve: add info-tip for peer count, health and share ratio column in task download list.
- GUI Improve: improve display for HiDPI.
- GUI Bugfix: the display name parameter in the magnetic link caused the default save name of the downloaded file to be incorrect.
- GUI Bugfix: issues on sorting torrent list by snapshot or comments.
- GUI Bugfix: the speed graph not cleared after perform disk cleanup for HTTP task.
- GUI Bugfix: the queuing state icon not displayed if the task is in error state.
- GUI Bugfix: the function of sorting by task state not working for queuing tasks.
- Core Improve: enhanced the ability of HTTP download tasks to detect server support for download resume.
- Core Improve: reduce memory usage for torrent metadata download.
- Core Improve: improve video file snapshot, support thumbnail, decrease loading time.
- Core Improve: disable extra disk writing verify to decrease disk usage.
- Core Bugfix: if auto file moving launched after hash check when BitTorrent download finished, the files been moved will bot be removed.
- Core Bugfix: HTTP download should stop immediately after failure of creating file
- Core Bugfix: program may crash at exit.