BitDefender Free Edition is an on-demand virus scanner, which is best used in a system recovery or forensics role. BitDefender Free Edition uses the same ICSA Labs certified scanning engines found in other BitDefender products, allowing you to enjoy basic virus protection for no cost at all.
- On demand scanning. Powerful scan engines ensure detection and removal of all viruses in the wild every time you need it.
- Scheduled scanning. The Scheduler lets you plan ahead, and schedule full system/drive scans in the off hours, when you won't be using your computer.
- Immediate scanning. With just a right click you can check your files and folders.
- Skinable interface. You can express yourself, designing new interfaces, or you can use those drawn by others.
- Quarantine. By isolating the infected files in quarantine, the risk of getting infected diminishes. You also have the possibility to send these files for further analysis to BitDefender Labs.
- Reports. When launching a scan you may choose to create a report file where you can see statistics about the scan process.
- No data.
|Windows:||XP, Vista, 7, 8|