Calibre is free and open source e-book computer software that organizes, saves and manages e-books, supporting a variety of formats. The application includes library management, format conversion, news feeds to ebook conversion as well as e-book reader sync features.
Calibre supports many file formats and reading devices. Most of these e-book formats can be edited, for example, by changing the font or the font size and by adding an auto-generated table of contents. Conversion and editing is only possible after digital rights management restrictions have been removed from commercially purchased e-book files. calibre does not natively support this removal, but the capability can be added to the program by installing freely available plug-ins.
- Calibre can sort the books in your library by: Title, Author, Date added, Date published, Size, Rating, Series, etc.
- Export arbitrary subsets of your collection to your hard disk arranged in a fully customizable folder structure.
- Calibre can convert from a huge number of formats to a huge number of formats. It supports all the major e-book formats.
- Input Formats: CBZ, CBR, CBC, CHM, DJVU, EPUB, FB2, HTML, HTMLZ, LIT, LRF, MOBI, ODT, PDF, PRC, PDB, PML, RB, RTF, SNB, TCR, TXT, TXTZ.
- Output Formats: AZW3, EPUB, FB2, OEB, LIT, LRF, MOBI, HTMLZ, PDB, PML, RB, PDF, RTF, SNB, TCR, TXT, TXTZ.
- Calibre has a modular device driver design that makes adding support for different e-reader devices easy.
- Calibre can automatically fetch news from websites or RSS feeds, format the news into a ebook and upload to a connected device.
- An inbuilt viewer that can display LRF format files, so you can look over a recent conversion before uploading to the reader.