CCleaner is a freeware utility which optimizes a user's computer. CCleaner allows the user to remove unused, unnecessary, and temporary files from all internet browsers and numerous supported applications.
The utility also locates and corrects problems such as unused file extensions and application paths in the Windows Registry, as well as cleans up temporary files used by Windows. In addition, CCleaner assists with uninstalling applications and defining which programs are to run at startup.
- Cleans the following Windows components: Internet Explorer, Menu Order cache, Tray Notifications Cache, Window Size and Location Cache, User Assist history, IIS Log Files, Custom Folders.
- Application Cleaning. CCleaner also cleans temporary files and recent file lists for many applications. Including: Firefox, Opera, Safari, Media Player, eMule, Kazaa, Google Toolbar, Netscape, Microsoft Office, Nero, Adobe Acrobat Reader, WinRAR, WinAce, WinZip and more...
- Registry Cleaning. CCleaner uses an advanced Registry Cleaner to check for problems and inconsistencies. It can check the following: File Extensions, ActiveX Controls, ClassIDs, ProgIDs, Uninstallers, Shared DLLs, Fonts, Help File references, Application Paths, Icons, Invalid Shortcuts and more...
- Safety. CCleaner was designed from the ground to be safe and secure to use. It has multiple levels of checks in place to ensure that it cannot delete any useful information or documents you may still need. CCleaner contains no Spyware or Adware.
- High Security. For the super cautious users CCleaner offer secure file erasing. By overwriting the files before deleting them, making it impossible to recover the data.
- Multiple Languages: CCleaner is available in 35 different languages: English, Albanian, Arabic, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Czech/Slovak, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazilian), Romanian, Russian, Serbian Cyrillic, Serbian Latin, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish and Turkish.
- Fixed an issue where Automatic Update continued to inform users of an existing update after the setting had been disabled.
- Updated Edge cookie cleaning definitions to include new tables from Microsoft.
- Fixed an issue in Firefox where extensions could not be deleted due to withdrawal of support for Netscape Plugin API.
- Fixed an issue in Firefox & Thunderbird where cleaning 'Site Preferences' would also clean 'Last Download Location'.
- Browser Plugins list now saved as browserplugins.txt (not startup.txt).
- Fixed an issue where analysis results did not display the full filepath.
- Improved CCleaner launch sequence to resolve a UI lock.