Charles is a tool combining a sniffer, debugger and proxy server. Using it, you can easily monitor packets both sent and received by the applications installed on your computer. Charles is designed to assist software developers and network administrators. This tool is also fairly popular with game cheaters, as it allows to substitute server files and requests with your own, this way making it possible to change certain parameters of online games.
Charles will come handy in XML development, particularly with AJAX and XMLHTTP. By default, this program supports JSON, JSON-RPC and SOAP, displaying each format as a simple tree. On top of this, Charles can handle encrypted SSL channels, which means you have an opportunity to monitor HTTPS sessions.
- Emulation of modem connections for testing website interaction with users that have a low-speed Internet connection.
- SSL Proxying - view SSL requests and responses in plain text.
- View the contents of Flash Remoting / Flex Remoting messages as a tree.
- Repeat requests to test back-end changes.
- Edit requests to test different connections.
- Ability to intercept and edit requests or responses.
- Validate recorded HTML, CSS and RSS/atom responses using the W3C validator.
- Mirror tool now supprts partial responses (so you can mirror some streaming video)
- JSON export option added to Web Interface.
- Recognise WebSocket upgrades on an existing connection.
- Support IPv6 literal addresses in Location host fields.
- Fix hung requests that occurred in some rare, but consistent circumstances.
- Fix fault in multipart form viewer when expanding file details.
- Improve SSL connection establishment when the first protocol offered is rejected aggressively.
- Fix right-click issue on macOS on computers with a trackpad, where popup menus would appear then disappear.