Cheat Engine is a free and open-source app that works as a memory scanner, debugger and hex editor. The program is used by gamers to make computer games easier or harder to play.
Cheat Engine allows users to look for different values using a number of options to scan the computer’s memory. It is also possible to create trainers that work standalone from Cheat Engine. Users can make changes when viewing disassembled memory of game processes to receive many advantages, such as god life, infinite ammunition, money etc. The app also uses Direct3D tools that allow users to look through walls, zoom in and out and create aiming bots.
— An open-source memory scanner, debugger and hex editor.
— A variety of options for scanning game processes.
— Real-time editing of disassembled memory using code injections.
— Ability to gain god life, infinite ammunition, money and other advantages.
— Direct3D features to look through walls, create aiming bots, zoom in and out.
— Ability to create game trainers that work separately from the program.
— A full tutorial for new users.
There is an option to download and install Hamster Free ZIP Archiver and SpeedUpMyPC 2014 during the installation process — untick these options if you do not want to install this software. There can be problems with antiviruses as Cheat Engine uses code injections into game processes — the same techniques that are also used by trojans.
- Fixed some DPI issues at some spots.
- Fixed the "Not" scan for ALL.
- Fixed not adding the 0-terminator to strings when the option was set to add it.
- Fixed ultimap hotkeys.
- Fixed ultimap2 filtering.
- Changing pointers in the change address dialog won't set/override global memrec and address anymore (local now).
- Fixed show as signed not working for custom types.
- Fixed several issues with the structure spider.
- Fixed 64-bit registers in the tracer getting truncated on doubleclick, and fix r8 to r15.
- Fixed copy/paste in the scanvalue.
- Fixed kernelmode QueryMemoryRegions for windows build 1607.
- Fixed some disassembler errors.
- Fixed lua command fullAccess.
- Fixed text to speech if launched from a different thread.
- Fixed clicking on checkboxes when the dpi is different.
- Fixed the found code dialog count size.
- Fixed mono freezing Cheat Engine when it crashes/freezes.
- Changed the processlist and added an Applications view similar to the taskmanager.
- Small change to the tutorial first step wording.
- Structure Dissect: Added RLE compression (by mgr.inz.player) and other things to improve filesize.
- Structure Dissect: If setting a name, it will also be shown in the header.
- The symbolhandler can now deal with complex pointer notations.
- Added support for single-ToPA systems for ultimap2.
- Added some more spots where the history will be remebered in memoryview.
- Memoryrecords with auto assembler scripts can now execute their code asynchronous (rightclick and set "Execute asynchronous").
- Kernelmode memory reading/writing is safer now.
- Added an option to filter out readable paths in the pointerscan rescan.
- Added "codePage" support.
- Added font/display options to several places in CE.
- Added a search/replace to the script editors.
- You can now delete addresses and reset the count from "Find what addresses this code accesses".
- Added a statusbar to the hexview in memoryview.
- Pointerscan for value scans now add the results to the overflow queue.
- Opening a file and changing bytes do not change them to the file anymore (you need to explicitly save now).
- Added an option to the processlist to filter out system processes.
- Added a system to let users sign their tables so you know you can trust their tables.
- Memory record dropdown lists can now reference those of others. USe as entry text: (memoryrecorddescription).
- Added an option to notify users of new versions of Cheat Engine.