Clover is a tool enhancing the standard Windows Explorer by introducing multiple tabs to it. It is completely integrated into Explorer and unlike other file managers, it allows you to use your favorite yet more user-friendly tools.
Clover intercepts user calls to Explorer and launches its transformed version. In addition to that, the program allows you to create shortcuts to frequently used folders, as well as import and export shortcuts.
Key features of Clover
- Interception of user calls to Explorer.
- Launch of the enhanced version of Explorer.
- Adding support of tabs in Explorer.
- Nice-looking bookmarks a-la Google Chrome right in the top panel of Explorer.
- Ability to open several folders in a single window.
- Quick switching between windows.
- Ability to open a new tab instead of opening a new window.
- Moving files and folders across tabs using a mouse.
- Dragging folders onto the bookmark bar to open them in a new tab.
- Opening folders in a new tab using a right-click menu.
- Swapping tabs.
- Easy to create new tabs.
- Ability to move any tab outside of the current window and turn it into a new window.
- Support for a bookmark bar.
- Import and export of bookmarks.
- Ability to open a folder in a new tab by middle-clicking on it.
- Ability to open a new tab, close the current tab or switch between tabs using hotkeys.
- Ability to anchor a tab to prevent it from being accidentally closed.
- No impact on the overall system performance.