DVD Shrink is a free application for backing up DVD disks. It boasts a simple UI, high speed of operation and the ability to copy even protected disks.
DVD Shrink reads files from the original disk and saves them on a PC hard drive where they can be copied again to a recorded DVD disk using any disk recording software. On top of that, the application allows you to change the optical disk structure.
- Automated preliminary analysis.
- Full copy of the DVD disk contents.
- Ability to copy certain parts of the DVD disk.
- Preview mode.
- Built-in decryption methods for copying protected disks.
- Ability to downsize the volume of data copied from the disk by cutting out some of its parts.
- Removing menus, extras and unneeded audio streams and subtitles.
- Automated or manual compression of the original contents with the high video quality retained.
- Bookmarking the start and end points of the video.
- Merging several disks or their parts.
- Support for DVD5 and DVD9.
- Flexible settings.
To record a disk with DVD Shrink, you need to install Nero or any other similar software.