eMule is a filesharing client which is based on the eDonkey2000 network but offers more features than the standard client. Started as an alternative to eDonkey2000, eMule now connects to both the eDonkey network and the Kad network.
The distinguishing features of eMule are the direct exchange of sources between client nodes, fast recovery of corrupted downloads, and the use of a credit system to reward frequent uploaders.
- Clients use several networks to create one reliable network. (ED2K, Source Exchange, Kad).
- eMule's Queue and Credit system helps to ensure that everyone will get the file he wants by promoting those that upload back to the network.
- eMule is completely free. eMule is also completely free of any Adware, Spyware, and ect.
- Each file checked for corruptions while downloading to ensure an error free file.
- Auto priorities and Source management allows you to start many downloads without having to monitor them.
- The Preview function allows you to look at your Videos and Archives before they are completed. For video previewing, we recommend the Video Lan Client.
- The eMule features webservices and a webserver that allows you to have quick access to and from the internet.
- To find the file you want, eMule offers a wide range of search possibilities which include: Servers, web based, and Kad.
- With the messaging and friend system, you can send messages to other Clients and add them as friends. In your friend list, you can always see if a friend is online.
- With the build in IRC client, you can chat with other downloaders and chatters around the globe.
- Added preferences.ini-only option "ExtraPreviewWithMenu" (eMule section) which makes eMule put the "Preview with" command into the root context menu rather than into the preview menu (only applies to extended controls with multiple preview programs set).
- Added "Open preferences.ini" button to the extended options. Remember that you have to close eMule _before_ saving any changes if you want to edit any not preferences.ini-only settings.
- AICH hashs work properly in all collection types now.
- Added new ed2k link type: "ed2k://|search|[searchterm]|/" makes eMule start a search for the specified searchterm. Plugin for webbrowsers which make use of this will follow later.
- Fixed some minor bugs in the Kad graph.
- Fixed a possible bug with AICH recovery when downloading a searchresult which includes the AICH hash.