FastStone Capture is a powerful, flexible and intuitive screen-capture utility. It allows you to capture anything on the screen including windows, objects, full screen, rectangle regions, freehand-selected regions and scrolling windows/web pages.
FastStone Capture has innovative features such as a floating Capture Panel, hotkeys, resizing, cropping, text annotation, printing, e-mailing and many more. FastStone Capture is provided as freeware for private (non-commercial) or educational use.
- A small floating Capture Panel that can be dragged anywhere or minimized to the Windows tray area.
- Resource friendly - uses a very small amount of memory.
- Global hotkeys to activate the program's capture capabilities anytime, anywhere.
- Efficient tools to capture windows, objects, full screen, rectangle/freehand-selected regions and scrolling areas.
- Capture web pages in Internet Explorer, FireFox and Opera.
- Option to specify destination (internal editor, clipboard, file or printer) where the captured image will be sent.
- Text/Arrowed line/Highlight/Watermark annotation.
- Drop-shadow, torn-edge effects.
- Resize, crop, zoom in/out. Undo/Redo.
- Save as BMP, JPEG, JPEG2000, PNG, GIF, TIFF, TGA and PDF.
- Screen magnifier, Screen color picker.
- Multi-monitor support.
FastStone Capture has turned into a commercial product since after the version 5.3, which has been free for home users but no more supported by the developer.