ffdshow is a media decoder and encoder mainly used for the fast and high-quality decoding of video in the MPEG-4 ASP (e.g. encoded with DivX, Xvid, or FFmpeg MPEG-4) and AVC (H.264) formats, but it supports numerous other video and audio formats as well.
ffdshow uses libavcodec from ffmpeg project or for video decompression, postprocessing code from mplayer to enhance visual quality of low bitrate movies, and is based on original DirectShow filter from XviD, which is GPL'ed educational implementation of MPEG4 encoder.
- Fast video decompression using optimized MMX, SSE and 3DNow! code.
- Support for different codecs: XviD, all DivX versions, MS WMV, MPEG-1 and - MPEG-2.
- Image postprocessing for higher playback quality.
- Automatic quality control: automatically reduces postprocessing level when CPU load is high.
- Hue, saturation and luminance correction.
- Support for various subtitle formats.
|Windows:||XP, Vista, 7|