Foxit Reader is a free PDF document viewer and printer, with incredible small size, breezing-fast launch speed and rich feature set. Its core function is compatible with PDF Standard 1.7.
Foxit Reader displays an advertising icon on the upper right side of its main toolbar. There are several different advertisements, these may be easily disabled from the menus but the process must be repeated separately for each advertisement (a different advertisement is displayed each time the reader is opened).
- View or print PDF document.
- Add or edit bookmarks in a PDF file if the security settings allow.
- Basic PDF form operations i.e. filling out PDF forms and printing them out.
- Advanced PDF form operations, such as saving filled-out forms and import/export forms, free for personal and non-personal usage.
- View PDF as text.
- Critical add-ons, such as UI language package, JPEG2000/JBIG decoder, CJK package, GDI+ for early Windows version, etc.
- Breezing-fast: When you run Foxit Reader, it launches instantly without any delay. You are not forced to view an annoying splash window displaying company logo, author names, etc.
- High security and privacy: Foxit Reader highly respects the security and privacy of users and will never connect to the Internet without users' permission. While other PDF readers often silently connect to the Internet in the background. Foxit PDF Reader does not contain any spyware.
- Enhanced comment management.
- Users can filter comments by author and status, and check the total number of comments in the Comment panel.
- Add and share inline comments online.
- Add inline comments to PDF documents at a specified location to share and discuss with other users online.
- ConnectedPDF enhancements.
- The ConnectedPDF Review and ConnectedPDF Protection workflows have been redesigned to provide a better user experience in document review and protection.
- Some other user-friendly enhancements.
- Fixed some security and stability issues.