HD_Speed is a simple yet very useful free application for testing the speed of data recording for various devices. It can work with hard disks, optical disks, USB memory sticks and other data media. HD_Speed can work with both logical partitions and the whole disk.
HD_Speed is a portable application, i.e. it does not require installation on a computer. Besides, this program does not use too many computer resources and has a simple UI.
- Tests the speed of recording and reading from different types of devices.
- Shows the current and average speed of the storage device performance.
- Carries out tests for blocks of different sizes — from 16 kB to 1 MB. It is possible to either specify the
exact block size or use the “floating” mode in which the test is performed for variable block sizes.
- Provides an ability to test the peak read/write speed.
- Carries out tests in several modes: reading, writing, reading + writing, reading + writing + verifying.
- Provides an ability to save test results to a file.
- Shows the number of errors detected during the test.
- Visualizes speed changes using a graph.
- Provides an ability to display speed in different units: bytes/sec and bits/sec.
- It is possible to test both the media as a whole or just certain parts of it.
|Windows:||XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10|