HDDScan is a freeware utility for hard drive diagnostics (RAID arrays, Flash USB and SSD drives are also supported). The program can test storage device for errors (Bad-blocks and bad sectors), show S.M.A.R.T. attributes and change some HDD parameters such as AAM, APM, etc.
HDDScan can be useful for performing the regular "health test" for your drive and predicting its degradation, so you will be able to prevent data loss and backup your files before you will have to contact the data recovery service. Additionally, software can be used as the hard disk temperature monitor and reading/writing benchmark – performance graph is displayed for every test.
- Reading and analyzing identity information from ATA/SATA/USB/FireWire/SCSI HDD.
- Changing AAM, APM, PM parameters on ATA/SATA/USB/FireWire HDD.
- Reporting defect information on SCSI HDD.
- Spindle start/stop function on ATA/SATA/USB/FireWire/SCSI HDD.
- Reports can be saved in MHT format.
- Reports can be printed.
- Skins support.
- Command line support.
- SSD SMART and Identity reports.
- Prolific 2571 USB chip is now supported.
- Some I-O DATA USB boxes are supported.
- Some Logitec USB boxes are supported.
- Added S.M.A.R.T. support for some SSD drives.
- Windows Vista and Windows 7 support.
- Progress bar bugfix.
- Sil3512 controller S.M.A.R.T. bugfix.
- SAS drives S.M.A.R.T. freeze bugfix.
- Surface scan bugfix for drives bigger than 1TB.