I2P is a free application for maintaining a stable encrypted network. Unlike its few alternatives, with I2P the server sends traffic in one stream that contains both your own and other users’ data, which eliminates the risk of decrypting those data and finding out who they belong to.
The application utilizes several encryption methods; the incoming and outgoing traffic is passed between several users through different, regularly changing tunnels; computers’ real IP addresses are not used, which makes it even harder to identify a PC. In addition to that, this application provides all usual Internet capabilities.
- Ability to create your own anonymous website.
- Ability to browse anonymous websites.
- Anonymous email.
- Anonymous and completely secure file sharing, with torrents available.
- Anonymous chat, an application-customized instant messenger.
- Uncensored forums, blogs, virtual conversations.
- Ability to use Skype, a torrent, an instant messenger.
This application requires installing Java software and setting up your browser to work via I2P, which involves configuring your proxy servers.
- Console updates.
- i2psnark ratings and comments.
- Fixed Bugs.