ICQ makes it easy to find people with similar interests across the globe, to establish new friendships, to communicate with colleagues, family members and friends no matter when or where they are. The name ICQ is an initialism on the phrase "I seek you".
The most popular method of communication on ICQ is instant messaging, enabling you to send a message that immediately pops up on an online contact's screen.
ICQ features include sending text messages, offline support, multi-user chats, free daily-limited SMS sending, resumable file transfers, greeting cards, multiplayer games and a searchable user directory. If you're away from your personal computer you can still chat with friends and contacts, even where the ICQ client is not installed, by using the web-based ICQ2Go that works from any computer.
- Quick IM - enabling users to send messages to contacts without opening a message window.
- Easy access simple navigation between incoming messages.
- Tabbed conversations - management of all active conversations in one message window by using tabs.
- History - new and improved search history of messages, files, and calls.
- Search capabilities - advanced and easy-to-use search through contacts, on ICQ, and on the web.