Inkscape – powerful and convenient tool for drawing, totally compatible with XML, SVG and CSS standards. It provides interface consistency and usability, the universal toolbar for handling pictures and text. The wide variety of tools for work with colors and styles is proposed, including color selecting, color picking, copying/pasting style, gradient editor, path makets.
Inkscape supports such SVG options as figures, paths, text, markers, clones, alpha-channel, transformations, gradients, textures and grouping. Supports Creative Commons meta data, nodes editing, layers, hard operations with paths, bitmap graphics vectoring, convenient on-canvas editing, and figure wrapped text.Program works with paths: logic operations, outdent, path simplifying, stroke pathing, new node inserting in any path point, combined paths creating, different dynamic path effects.
- Inkscape supports text editing for both regular multi-line text and flowed text. Putting text on path is also supported, and both the text and the path remain editable.
- Import in SVG, SVGZ, EMF, EPS, PostScript, PDF, AI (9.0 and up), Dia, Sketch, PNG, TIFF, JPEG, XPM, GIF, BMP, WMF, WPG, GGR, ANI, ICO, CUR, PCX, PNM, RAS, TGA, WBMP, XBM, XPM.
- Экспорт: PNG, SVG, EPS, PostScript, PDF 1.4 (with semitransparency), Dia, AI, Sketch, POV-Ray, LaTeX, OpenDocument Draw, GPL, EMF, POV, DXF.
- Plenty of figure for drawing convenience: Ellipse, Star, Spiral, Callygraphy, Text, Gradient, Pipet.
- Huge quantity of key shortcuts for fast operating.
- Informative status bar with information about selected objects and hinting key shortcuts.
- Expanded features of working with clones, creating pattern with clones, using 17 symmetry groups.
- Group Drawing through XMPP protocol(Jabber).
- Editor document XML-code with objects tree – for access to document parameters, temporarily unsupported by graphic interface.
- Saving and opening compressed documents, using gzip compression algorithm.