IrfanView is a freeware image viewer for Microsoft Windows that can view, edit, and convert image files and play video/audio formats. IrfanView is designed to be a lightweight viewer/player which is noted for its speed, ease of use, and ability to handle a wide variety of graphic file formats.
In addition to extensive viewing capabilities and file conversion options, IrfanView can also create screensavers and slide shows from collections of images with optional accompanying mp3 audio. These screensavers and slide shows can be created as "stand-alone" executables that will run on computers which do not have IrfanView installed.
- Many supported file formats.
- Paint option - to draw lines, circles, arrows, straighten image etc.
- Slideshow (save slideshow as EXE/SCR or burn it to CD)
- Show EXIF/IPTC/Comment text in Slideshow/Fullscreen etc.
- Support for Adobe Photoshop Filters. Effects (Sharpen, Blur, Adobe 8BF, Filter Factory, Filters Unlimited, etc.)
- Multipage TIF editing.
- File search.
- Print option. Scan (batch scan) support.
- Support for embedded color profiles in JPG/TIF. Change color depth.
- Extract icons from EXE/DLL/ICLs.
ANI, CUR, BMP, DIB, CLP, CPT, DCX, EMF, ICL, EXE, DLL, ICO, IFF, LBM, PBM, PCD, PCX, PGM, PNG, PPM, PSD, TGA, TIF, TIFF, TXT, WMF, AIF, AU, SND, MID, WAV, ASF, AVI, MPG, MPEG, WMA, WMV.
PlugIn required: B3D, CAM, CRW, CR2, DCM, ACR, IMA, DDS, DJVU, IW44, DXF, DWG, HPGL, CGM, SVG, ECW, EPS, PS, PDF, FITS, FPX, FSH, G3, HDR, ICS, IMG, JP2, JPC, J2K, JPM, KDC, LDF, LWF, Mac PICT, QTIF, MNG, JNG, MRSID, SID, DNG, EEF, NEF, MRW, ORF, RAF, DCR, SRF, PEF, X3F, NLM, NOL, NGG, PIC, PSP, RAS, SUN, RAW, RLE, SFF, SFW, SGI, RGB, SWF, TTF, WAD, WAL, WBMP, XBM, XPM, MED, MP3, OGG, RA, MOV.
IrfanView PlugIns package offers additional file formats and effects for IrfanView.
- Metadata PlugIn ported to Unicode (EXIF/IPTC/Comment data in JPG files).
- Batch scan dialog: Scan to multipage file works also with PDF output.
- New Edit menu options: Remove or Insert strip (based on selection).
- New Blur filter: Gaussian Blur (thanks to Ivan Kuckir).
- New Blur filter: Fast Gaussian Blur (thanks to Mario Klingemann).
- New Properties->Fullscreen option: Show blurred image sides.
- Option to show mouse coordinates (Properties->Viewing).
- New options in Histogram dialog: modeless dialog, selections, curves.
- New effect added: Vertical Shift (Effects browser dialog).
- New Thumbnails menu: Show/hide filenames text for thumbnails.
- New Image->Effects PlugIn: Film Simulation.
- New wallpaper option: Fill (Hotkey: CTRL + SHIFT + F).
- New Rename dialog option: Rename also sidecar files.
- New Print dialog option: Save settings (without printing).
- Command line option "/append" works also with PDF output.
- A BMP loading bug fixed (thanks to Ren Yi).
- The hotkey "D" (clear screen) works also in Fullscreen/Slideshow mode.
- Loading crashes fixed in JP2 PlugIn (JPG-2000 format).
- The Luratech formats (JP2/JPM) are now Freeware (Saving and Batch mode).