KeePass Professional is a free password manager allowing you to store encrypted username, passwords and other sensitive data. They all get protected with a single master password and/or a key file, which makes it significantly easier to operate a large number of accounts from different websites and other services requiring authentication.
The password databases created with KeePass Professional are encrypted with the most secure protection algorithms available today, which reliably keep that data away from strangers. Also, the program has a user-friendly interface and lots of other useful tools for managing passwords.
- Support for AES/Rijndael encryption algorithms (using such plug-ins as Twofish, Serpent, GOST, etc.).
- Ability to compress the database into a GZip file.
- Full Unicode support.
- Ability to use any file as a key.
- Built-in secure password generator.
- Ability to group the stored information by categories in a tree.
- Transfer of data from KeePass to other programs.
- Support for third-party plug-ins.
- Export of data into TXT, HTML, XML or CSV files, as well as its import from other formats.
- Support for custom string fields.
- Support for scripts.
- Search through a database of stored passwords.
- Support for Windows User Accounts.
- Advanced support for high-resolution screens.
To run KeePass Professional, you need to have installed either .NET Framework (it is installed by default on Windows Vista or later versions) or Mono.
There is also a lite version of this program, KeePass Classic. Unlike KeePass Professional, it does not require installing .NET Framework, but at the same time, it has no support for Unicode and scripts, does not work with Windows User Accounts, does not let you create custom string fields and lacks lots of other functions.
Be extra careful when using plug-ins. They are developed by third-party authors and have full access to the KeePass database.
|Windows:||XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10|