KeePass Classic is a Classic version of the free password manager KeePass, allowing you to store encrypted usernames, passwords and other sensitive data. They all get protected with a single master password and/or a key file, which makes it significantly easier to operate a large number of accounts from different websites and other services requiring authentication.
Unlike KeePass Professional, this version does not require installing .NET Framework, but at the same time, it has no support for Unicode and scripts, does not work with Windows User Accounts, does not let you create custom string fields and lacks lots of other functions.
- Support for the AES/Rijndael and Twofish encryption algorithms.
- Ability to use any file as a key.
- Built-in secure password generator.
- Ability to group the stored information by categories in a tree.
- Ability to attach files to entries.
- Links between the fields of different entries.
- Transfer of data from KeePass Classic to other programs.
- Support for third-party plug-ins.
- Export of data into TXT, HTML, XML or CSV files, as well as import from other formats.
- Search through a database of stored passwords.
- Easy transfer of the database file.
- Requires no installation. Does not alter Registry keys.
- Works from a USB drive.
Be extra careful when using plug-ins. They are developed by third-party authors and have full access to the KeePass database.
- Printing now works even when the default browser doesn't support the 'Print' shell verb.
- Added workaround for Wine not supporting EM_PASTESPECIAL.
- Improved error handling when there is too few memory for saving a database.
- When attaching a file fails, a detailed error message is displayed now.
- KeePass now refuses to attach files that are larger than 512 MB (as larger files can result in memory problems).
- Increased default number of AES-KDF rounds.
- Updated links (to the website, help pages, etc.).
- Upgraded to Boost libraries version 1.65.1.
- Various code optimizations.
- Minor other improvements.