KeePass Classic is a Classic version of the free password manager KeePass, allowing you to store encrypted usernames, passwords and other sensitive data. They all get protected with a single master password and/or a key file, which makes it significantly easier to operate a large number of accounts from different websites and other services requiring authentication.
Unlike KeePass Professional, this version does not require installing .NET Framework, but at the same time, it has no support for Unicode and scripts, does not work with Windows User Accounts, does not let you create custom string fields and lacks lots of other functions.
- Support for the AES/Rijndael and Twofish encryption algorithms.
- Ability to use any file as a key.
- Built-in secure password generator.
- Ability to group the stored information by categories in a tree.
- Ability to attach files to entries.
- Links between the fields of different entries.
- Transfer of data from KeePass Classic to other programs.
- Support for third-party plug-ins.
- Export of data into TXT, HTML, XML or CSV files, as well as import from other formats.
- Search through a database of stored passwords.
- Easy transfer of the database file.
- Requires no installation. Does not alter Registry keys.
- Works from a USB drive.
Be extra careful when using plug-ins. They are developed by third-party authors and have full access to the KeePass database.
- Browser path detection: added support for browsers that register themselves only in the 64-bit registry view (like Firefox 64-bit).
- Improved application and system tray icons.
- Moved advanced tray icon options to a separate group.
- Invalid characters (like control characters) now are filtered out when exporting to an XML file.
- Improved process memory protection for passwords of entries that are displayed in the entry details view of the main window.
- Upgraded to Boost libraries version 1.64.0.
- Various code optimizations.
- Minor other improvements.