K-Meleon is a fast web browser that uses the Mozilla Gecko engine. K-Meleon creates the user interface with the native Windows API, it is completely configurable and uses a low amount of system memory.
As there are no graphical user interfaces for such customization, users have to edit the configuration files to change button layouts, toolbars, menus, context menus, keyboard shortcuts, macros and other functionality. There are only a few Mozilla-based themes and extensions that work with K-Meleon due to the use of Windows API, but some of the extensions can still be integrated. K-Meleon users can download the browser’s own themes and plugins that customize and change its appearance to their needs. K-Meleon also has a special macro plugin that extends the functionality of the browser and does not need users to know any program languages.
— Works with tabs.
— Allows complete customization for button layouts, toolbars, menus, context menus, keyboard shortcuts, macros and others.
— Blocks pop-up windows.
— Fast load time.
— Easy web searching.
— Uses low amounts of system memory.
— Own themes, plugins and macros for extending the browser functionality.
- Update to Gecko 31.8.
- Chg: moved bmpmenu into core, plugin bmpmenu now is only used for compatibility with older skins using menuicons.cfg.
- Chg: using gecko favicon cache.
- Chg: improved autocomplete result display.
- Add: allow function declaration in macros.
- Add: macro function date(format[, time]).
- Add: macro function download(url, path[, function]).
- Add: kmeleon.display.urlbar_fontsize (multiplier, default is 1).
- Add: "copy link text" in context menu.
- Add: "URLBar" menu to customize the context menu of the url bar.
- Fix: various minor memory leaks.
- Fix: losing sessions when disk full.
- Fix: last session could stop being saved after a while.
- Fix: video/animation staying still when switching tab.