The KMPlayer is mediaplayer, which can play a large number of formats such as VCD, DVD, AVI, MKV, Ogg, OGM, 3GP, MPEG-1/2/4, WMV, RealMedia, FLV and QuickTime. Provides inbuilt codecks and flexible customizing. The KMPlayer provides both internal and external filters with a fully controlled environment in terms of connections to other splitters, decoders, audio/video transform filters and renderers without grappling with the DirectShow merit system.
The KMPlayer is completely customizable player thanks to a wide selection of skins and color schemes, and the configuration options are very extensive. It handles a wide range of subtitles and allows one to capture audio, video, and screenshots. It displays TV-tuner and camera captured video, plays streaming video, supports zoom and pan.
Internal filters are not registered with a user's operating system, so KMPlayer can be spread together with content, for example, on a CD with movie to be watched on computers without codecks. The player can set wide variety of audio and video effects, slow down or increase playback speed, select parts of a video as favorites, do various A-B repeats, remap the keys of remote interface for HTPC including overlay screen controls.
- In-built codecks (libavcodec library used), for not to overcharge system by unnecessary records in the register.
- Incomplete/damaged AVI files playing.
- Handling Locked media files while downloading or sharing.
- Supports incoming streams delivered via HTTP.
- Async File Source (network) filter for memory caching.
- Compressed Audio Album Support (zip, rar).
- Playing part of the file – just indicate start time and stop time.
- WinAmp input plugin support.
- KMP video plugins by SDK.
- DScaler filter support.
- Added Sound renderer select function by monitors.
- Added thumbnail extraction function from MP3 file.
- Added inspection check logics for Load File.
- Security Patch for DLL attacks.
- Fixed crash error for codec packs installed PC.
- Updated MediaInfo.
- Adjusted “Frame rate” of OSD frame information.
- Changed “Default media player” setting pop up window.