LibreOffice is the free power-packed comprehensive, professional-quality productivity suite, that gives you six feature-rich applications for all your document production and data processing needs: Writer, Calc, Impress, Draw, Math and Base. Support and documentation is free from our large, dedicated community of users, contributors and developers.
There is a large base of satisfied LibreOffice users worldwide, and it is available in more than 30 languages. You can download, install and distribute LibreOffice freely, with no fear of copyright infringement. LibreOffice compatible with all major competitors' file formats. You can easily import files from Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and many other formats, and can easily save to Microsoft Office and other formats when needed.
Components of LibreOffice
- LibreOffice Writer lets you design and produce text documents that can include graphics, tables, or charts.
- A tool for creating new web pages is the Web Layout mode, which you enable with View - Web Layout.
- LibreOffice Math provides numerous operators, functions and formatting assistants to help you create formulas.
- LibreOffice Impress lets you create professional slide shows that can include charts, drawing objects, text, multimedia and a variety of other items.
- LibreOffice Draw lets you create simple and complex drawings and export them in a number of common image formats.
- In LibreOffice Base, you can access data that is stored in a wide variety of database file formats.
- Charts allow you to present data so that it is easy to visualize. You can create a chart from source data in a Calc spreadsheet or a Writer table.
- LibreOffice Calc is a spreadsheet application that you can use to calculate, analyze, and manage your data.
Changes in recent version