MediaInfo is a free program that displays technical information about media files, as well as tag information for many audio and video files. It is used in many programs and can be easily integrated into any program. MediaInfo supports popular video formats (e.g. AVI, WMV, Quicktime, DivX, XviD) as well as many lesser known or emerging formats (e.g. MKV, OGM, Real).
You can choose between a graphical user interface to quickly select the appropriate view on the data and a command line interface to automatically retrieve and process media information in your own scripts. For these purposes, MediaInfo's views are customizable the easy way.
- MediaInfo supports just about any video (MPEG-1/2 Video, H.263, MPEG-4 Visual (including DivX, XviD), H.264/AVC, Dirac...) and audio (MPEG Audio (including MP3), AC3, DTS, AAC, Dolby E, AES3, FLAC...) file.
- Different and customizable views on media information (Text, Table, Tree Structure, HTML, XML...).
- Export information as text, CSV, HTML...
- Graphical user interface, command line interface, or library versions available.
- Integration in MS-Windows (Drag'n'Drop, Context menu).
- Internationalisation: display any language on any operating system.