Memtest86+ is a memory test software programs designed to test and stress test an x86 architecture computer's random access memory (RAM) for errors. It repeatedly writes an enormous amount of different patterns to all memory locations and reads them back again and verifies whether the result of the read is the same as what was written to memory.
There can be a multitude of reasons for running memtest, but foremost of all is of course to test whether your memory modules might be bad. Whenever you suspect your modules to be bad because of system crashes, lockups or reboots it would be nice to know whether the modules are in working order. Memtest86+ is a utility which tries to answer that question for you.
- Memtest86+ work with nearly all PC compatible computers from 80386 and 80486 based systems to the latest systems with 64-bit processors.
- With many chipsets, Memtest86 allows counting of failures even in error-correcting ECC DRAM.
- The default pass does 9 different tests, varying in access patterns and test data.
Memtest86 is designed to run as a stand-alone, self-contained program from a bootable floppy disk, CD-ROM, USB Drive, or from a suitable bootloader without an operating system present.
Running one complete pass of the program can take from a few minutes to a few hours, depending on the amount and speed of memory installed, and the CPU speed.
- New config file parameter REPORTNUMERRS for specifying the maximum number of errors to include in the report.
- Language support for Spanish.
- RAM details obtained from SMBIOS are now displayed if SPD information cannot be accessed.
- Fixed bugs.
|Windows:||98, 2000, XP, Vista, 7|