Mp3tag is a freeware metadata editor for many audio file formats. One of important program features is automatic lyrics and images search. The program allows you to automatically gather proper tags and cover art for your music library. Mp3tag handles files both individually and in batch mode.
MP3tag emulates Audio CD, takes tracks duration in seconds and sends encrypted information on FreeDB server, which returns tags fields. After data have been saved files can be easily renamed using tags. Transliteration and detransliteration, as well as utility’s portable version are available for portable devices such as MP3 players, cell-phones, iPods etc.
It supports the following audio formats: Advanced Audio Coding (aac), Free Lossless Audio Codec (flac), Monkey's Audio (ape), Mpeg Layer 3 (mp3), MPEG-4 (mp4 / m4a / m4b / iTunes compatible), Musepack (mpc), Ogg Vorbis (ogg), OptimFROG (ofr), OptimFROG DualStream (ofs), Speex (spx), Tom's Audio Kompressor (tak), True Audio (tta), Windows Media Audio (wma), WavPack (wv).
- MP3tag allows creating and editing playlists for WinAmp and Windows Media Player.
- Write tags ID3v1.1, ID3v2.3, ID3v2.4, MP4, WMA, APEv2 Tags and Vorbis Comments to multiple files at once.
- Save typing and import tags from online databases like Amazon, discogs, freedb and more.
- Regular Expressions.
- Rename files based on the tag information and import tags from filenames.
- Format tags and filenames.
- Full Unicode Support User-interface.
- Recursive subfolder support.
- Remove parts of a tag or the entire tag from multiple files.
- Export tag information to user-defined formats (HTML, RTF, CSV, XML).
- Export tags to Microsoft Excel or to a text file.
- Support for ID3v2.3 (ISO-8859-1 and UTF-16) and ID3v2.4 with UTF-8.
- Auto fill track # for a number of files.
- Download lyrics.
- Save lyrics inside the file, or as a text file.
- Create any desired structure of folders using tag fields. Sort audio files to the newly created folders.
- Delete unused tags.
- View technical information about music files.
- Drag&Drop support.
- Multilingual interface.
- FIX: Windows XP based and Wine-based installations (macOS/Linux) had problems with HTTP/HTTPS connections.