Netscape Navigator is a freeware browser and was one of the first examples of a web-navigator, having been developed in 1994. Its support and development have been discontinued, but some users still use it.
The latest version of Netscape Navigator was released in 2007 and was based on the Firefox browser engine. This version's last update was released in 2008 and users were recommended to switch to other, more up-to-date products.
- Security Center with the option to view protection status.
- On-line protection from spyware and ad-modules.
- Ability to load and read RSS channels right in your browser.
- Ability to create more than one user profile.
- Ability to work with tabs.
- Site management, making web surfing more secure.
- Multibar, which allows the user to tweak over ten different tool panels.
- Memorization and automatic information entry for forms and authentication data for websites.
- Live Content for quick access to information that is important for you.
- Recommendation migration to Flock or Firefox.