Omea Reader is free and easy to use RSS reader, NNTP news reader, and web bookmark manager. It not only allows reading news feeds, but also provides wide range of options of customization. Resources can be organized in workspaces, folders and custom views that aggregate using criteria.
You can create folders for grouping RSS streams by topics, and there is no limitation for subfolders. You can adjust interface for viewing only unread messages, or sent in a certain while ( yesterday, today, this week) . Flagging news is available for setting priority level. User can write some annotation to each message.
- Fast search with saving searches to smart views.
- Items can be categorized, flagged and annotated in Omea, and you can save excerpts as clippings.
- Flexible filters can do many tasks automatically.
- Automatic linking related items ( such as blog posts by a person) .
- You can import existing RSS feeds from OPML files, other RSS feed readers and Bloglines accounts.
- Browser Integration — subscribing to feeds directly from your browser.
- Extensibility — possibility to add plugins using the Omea Open API.
- FireFox 2.0 support.
- Mixed feeds problem is solved.
- Feeds tree filtering.
- Export of resources' list.
- Automatic database backup.
- Text indexing in idle mode.
|Windows:||98, ME, NT, 2000, XP|