OpenVPN is an open-source solution for creating virtual private networks and organizing encrypted point-to-point and client-server connections. OpenVPN provides solutions for a range of tasks, including connection between remote users, access to both home and office networks, secure WiFi connections, and secure connection to remote offices.
OpenVPN can even be scaled up to arrange a remote access system for an entire enterprise, with load balancing, failover and fine-grained access-controls. OpenVPN combines safety with the ease of use.
- Works behind the majority of proxy servers, including HTTP, SOCKS, NAT and network filters.
- Network operations over TCP or UDP transports.
- Ability to organize network-level TUN tunnels and TAP bridges.
- Efficient traffic compression.
- Uses various encryption protocols (MD5-HMAC, RSA) and 2048-bit keys.
- Several authentication modes.
- No data.