PDFCreator is a freeware program for converting documents into Portable Document Format (PDF) on Microsoft Windows operating systems from nearly any application. Once installed, it allows the user to select PDFCreator as their printer, permitting almost any application to print to PDF.
PDFCreator allows the user to disable printing, copying of text or images and modifying the original document. The user can also choose between two types of passwords, user and owner, to restrict PDF files in several ways. The former is required to open the PDF file, while the latter is necessary in order to change permissions and password. Encryption can be either 40 bits or 128 bits.
- Create PDFs from any program that is able to print.
- Security: Encrypt PDFs and protect them from being opened, printed etc.
- Send generated files via eMail.
- Create more than just PDFs: PNG, JPG, TIFF, BMP, PCX, PS, EPS.
- AutoSave files to folders and filenames based on Tags like Username, Computername, Date, Time etc.
- Merge multiple files into one PDF.
- Easy Install: Just say what you want and everything is installed.
- Terminal Server: PDFCreator also runs on Terminal Servers without problems.
- PDFCreator is free, even for commercial use. It is Open Source and released under the Terms of the GNU General Public License.
The installation package includes an optional closed source browser toolbar that allows one-click creation PDFs from the current webpage. The toolbar incorporates a search tool and advertising.
- No data.