PeaZip is a free, open source file and archive manager. It supports its native PEA archive format (featuring compression, multi volume split and flexible authenticated encryption and integrity check schemes) and other mainstream formats, with special focus on handling open formats.
PeaZip allows to save archive's layouts; apply powerful multiple search filters to archive's content; handle multiple archives at once; export job definition as command line; bookmark archives and folders etc...
Features of PeaZip:
- Full support (read and write): 7Z, 7Z-sfx, ARC/WRC, BZ2/TBZ2, custom, GZ/TGZ, PAQ/LPAQ, PEA, QUAD/BALZ, split, TAR, UPX, ZIP
- Read only (browse, extract, test): ACE, ARJ, CAB, CHM, COMPOUND (MSI, DOC, XLS, PPT), CPIO, ISO, Java (JAR, EAR, WAR), Linux (DEB, PET/PUP, RPM, SLP), LHA/LZH, LZMA, Mac (DMG/HFS), NSIS, Open Office files, PAK/PK3/PK4, RAR, SMZIP, U3P, UDF, WIM, XAR, XPI, Z/TZ
- Repair: ARC.
- Generate random passwords and keyfiles.
- Checksum and hash files.
- Split / join files (file span).
- Robust file copy.
- Secure data deletion.
- System benchmark
- Strong encryption.
- Updated to Pea 0.65.
- Updated to 7z 18.06.
- Updated to Wolfgang Ehrhardt math libray util_2018-11-27.
- Various fixes and improvements.
- can now convert images to Windows icon .ico format.
- fixed bug in redundant directory removal in "Extract to new folder".
- fixed bug preventing opening some archives created on Unix systems.
- fixed bug showing incorrect file count for displayed archive content in some cases.
- Multiple archiving and extraction tasks are now performed in a signle instance of the graphic launcher, which is easier to hide / move / resize on screen.
- upper progress bar shows progress of the current task, progress bar on the bottom of the form shows overall progress (if multiple tasks are launched).
- Previewing files in archive can now be disallowed - avoids leftover data even in cases of system crash or if the application is forcedly arrested - setting Working path to new option "None (no preview)".
- Command line switch -ext2full remapped to -ext2main, in order to avoid duplication of analogous functions now main program's extraction form is the standard UI for full featured extraction.
- Reduced package size transforming PeaLauncher from standalone executable to form of PeaZip application.