phpMyAdmin is an open source tool written in PHP intended to handle the administration of MySQL with the use of a Browser. phpMyAdmin can perform various tasks such as creating, modifying or deleting databases, tables, fields or rows; executing SQL statements; or managing users and permissions.
phpMyAdmin comes with a wide range of documentation. To ease usage to a wide range of people, phpMyAdmin is translated into 62 languages and supports both LTR and RTL languages. phpMyAdmin is a more than ten years old project with stable and flexible code base, to find out more about the project and its history see separate page.
- Web interface.
- MySQL database management.
- Import data from CSV and SQL.
- Export data to various formats: CSV, SQL, XML, PDF (via the TCPDF library), ISO/IEC 26300 - OpenDocument Text and Spreadsheet, Word, Excel, LaTeX and others.
- Administering multiple servers.
- Creating PDF graphics of the database layout.
- Creating complex queries using Query-by-example (QBE).
- Searching globally in a database or a subset of it.
- Transforming stored data into any format using a set of predefined functions, like displaying BLOB-data as image or download-link.
- Active query monitor (Processes).