phpMyAdmin is an open source tool written in PHP intended to handle the administration of MySQL with the use of a Browser. phpMyAdmin can perform various tasks such as creating, modifying or deleting databases, tables, fields or rows; executing SQL statements; or managing users and permissions.
phpMyAdmin comes with a wide range of documentation. To ease usage to a wide range of people, phpMyAdmin is translated into 62 languages and supports both LTR and RTL languages. phpMyAdmin is a more than ten years old project with stable and flexible code base, to find out more about the project and its history see separate page.
Features of phpMyAdmin:
- Web interface.
- MySQL database management.
- Import data from CSV and SQL.
- Export data to various formats: CSV, SQL, XML, PDF (via the TCPDF library), ISO/IEC 26300 - OpenDocument Text and Spreadsheet, Word, Excel, LaTeX and others.
- Administering multiple servers.
- Creating PDF graphics of the database layout.
- Creating complex queries using Query-by-example (QBE).
- Searching globally in a database or a subset of it.
- Transforming stored data into any format using a set of predefined functions, like displaying BLOB-data as image or download-link.
- Active query monitor (Processes).
Changes in recent version
- Improve virtuality dropdown for MariaDB > 10.1
- Added an option to perform ALTER ONLINE (ALGORITHM=INPLACE) when editing a table structure
- Added ip2long transformation
- Improvements to linking to MySQL and MariaDB documentation
- Add "Preview SQL" option on Index dialog box when creating a new table
- Add a new vendor constant "CACHE_DIR" that defaults to "libraries/cache/" and store routing cache into this folder
- Add $cfg['CaptchaSiteVerifyURL'] for Google ReCaptcha siteVerifyUrl
- Add the password_hash PHP function as an option when inserting data
- Improvements to editing and displaying columns of the JSON data type.
- Added support for "SameSite=Strict" on cookies using configuration "$cfg['CookieSameSite']"
- Fixed AWS RDS IAM authentication doesn't work because pma_password is truncated
- Add config parameters to support third-party ReCaptcha v2 compatible APIs like hCaptcha
- Add $cfg['MysqlSslWarningSafeHosts'] to set the red text black when ssl is not used on a private network
- Export blobs as hex on JSON export
- Fix leading space not shown in a CHAR column when browsing a table
- Added a rename Button to use RENAME INDEX syntax of MySQL 5.7 (and MariaDB >= 10.5.2)
- Fixed missing option to enter TABLE specific permissions when the database name contains an "_" (underscore)
- Fixed a PHP notice "Trying to access array offset on value of type null" on Designer PDF export
- Fix for several PHP 8 warnings or errors, giving this release full compatibility with PHP 8