Picasa is software that helps you instantly find, edit and share all the pictures on your PC. Every time you open Picasa, it automatically locates all your pictures and sorts them into visual albums organized by date with folder names you will recognize.
You can drag and drop to arrange your albums and make labels to create new groups. Picasa makes sure your pictures are always organized. Picasa also makes advanced editing simple by putting one-click fixes and powerful effects at your fingertips. And Picasa makes it a snap to share your pictures, you can email, print photos home, make gift CDs, instantly share via Hello, and even post pictures on your own blog.
- Organization and editing. For organizing photos, Picasa has file importing and tracking features, as well as tags and collections for further sorting.
- Keywords. Picasa uses picasa.ini files to keep track of keywords for each image. In addition to this, Picasa attaches IPTC keyword data to JPEG files, but not to any other file format.
- Searching. Picasa has a search bar that is always visible when viewing the library. Searches are live in that displayed items are filtered as you type.
- Viewing. Picasa has no separate view window. There is only an "edit view" with a viewing area. Fullscreen view is available in slideshow mode.
- Backup. Picasa does not overwrite photos when changes are made. Instead, it lists all the changes made and puts the list in a separate file.
Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application: Attempts to change the default search engine for web browsers installed on the system.
- Fixed Bugs.
|Windows:||XP, Vista, 7, 8|