Python is a remarkably powerful dynamic programming language that is used in a wide variety of application domains. The language itself is a flexible powerhouse that can handle practically any problem domain. Build your own web server in three lines of code. Build flexible data-driven code using Python's powerful and dynamic introspection capabilities and advanced language features such as meta-classes, duck typing and decorators.
Python lets you write the code you need, quickly. And, thanks to a highly optimized byte compiler and support libraries, Python code runs more than fast enough for most applications.
- Very clear, readable syntax.
- Strong introspection capabilities.
- Intuitive object orientation.
- Natural expression of procedural code.
- Full modularity, supporting hierarchical packages.
- Exception-based error handling.
- Very high level dynamic data types.
- Extensive standard libraries and third party modules for virtually every task.
- Extensions and modules easily written in C, C++ (or Java for Jython, or .NET languages for IronPython).
- Embeddable within applications as a scripting interface.
- Re-allow arbitrary iterables in concurrent.futures.as_completed(). Fixes regression in 3.6.3rc1.
- Fix typos in Windows uploadrelease.bat script. Fix Windows Doc build issues in Doc/make.bat.
- Fix building the PDF documentation with newer versions of Sphinx.
|Author:||Python Software Foundation|
|Windows:||98, 2000, XP, Vista, 7|