Sandboxie Plus is an improved version of the well-known program Sandboxie, which is designed to improve security for Windows PC. It is distributed absolutely free, has an open source code.
Using this utility you can run various applications in an isolated and protected space. This space prevents any permanent changes from being made to other programs and data on your computer. So you can test, play and use any application without fear of harming your PC.
Sandboxie-Plus is very useful when running unknown files, keygens, various unfamiliar applications and browsers for surfing on not very reliable sites. The Plus version has fixed many known issues and security holes in the latest official release of Sandboxie, and has added new functionality.
Advantages of Sandboxie Plus
- New user interface based on Qt SandMan.exe.
- Fixed security issues.
- Safe launch of any application.
- Safe surfing the Internet.
- Works from the system tray.
- Light and dark themes.
- It is distributed free of charge.
- Regular product updates.
Changes in recent version
- added "SandboxService=..." to force selected services to be started in the sandbox
- added template cleanup functionality to plus UI
- allow internet prompt now also allow internet access pemanently
- added browse button for box root folder in the SandMan UI
- added explorer info message
- added option to keep the sandman UI always on top
- added drag and drop file on to sandman exe to open/run it sandboxed
- added start SandMan UI when a sandboxed application starts
- recovery window can now list all files
- added file cunter to recovery window
- added obtimized default column widths to the sbie view
- Some bugs fixed and minor improvements added.