Shareaza is a file sharing system that can harness the power of up to four separate peer-to-peer (P2P) networks, including EDonkey2000, Gnutella, Gnutella2 (G2), BitTorrent and Shareaza's native network.
Shareaza is easy to use; we had no trouble quickly figuring out how to search, check our network status, and customize the interface through a healthy choice of skins. Search results were extremely fast, although we wish each new search automatically spawned a new tab. Shareaza also has a decent built-in media player for common audio and video formats. Other features include a chat client and the ability to schedule transfers.
- Use the power of 4 P2P Networks simultaneously. Four networks mean access to a wide variety of users.
- Download from multiple sources.
- Sophisticated file-hashing. Shareaza detects and fixes corruption before the download completes.
- Find that file with Global Searching on Gnutella2. Search the entire network, not just a part of it.
- Multiple results tabs. Each search is displayed in a new window. Your search results will never be overwritten.
- Previews, users comments, and ratings. Get picture and movie previews right from the search panel.
- Choose from dozens of different looks or even make your own skin and share it to the world.
- Translated into over Ten different languages, Shareaza is equipped with full Unicode support for true international searches and downloads.
- Extend the functionality of Shareaza with plug-in modules, the sky is the limit.
- Play all types of video and audio files, watch visualisations, edit playlists, and even control the player with a snazzy remote.
- Shareaza has the ability to preview your incomplete audio and video files.
- You can chat with friends one-on-one while you're using Shareaza, pass on a message or get to know another Shareaza user.
- Block unwanted attention. With the help of security block lists, a highly-sophisticated IP and client filter, you have the ability to block malicious companies and clients.
- No data.