- New default interface with only two button bar.
- New icon for the buttons, better suited for night vision filters. Use larger image for big buttons and high resolution screen.
- Add direct connection to Alpaca telescope. It is now possible to use a telescope connected to a remote ASCOM Windows computer from Skychart running on Linux or macOS.
- Support for the new GAIA DR2 star catalog.
- Allow to use HNSKY star catalog using the “290” format.
- New mosaic tool to prepare mosaic for image capture application.
- Show the object rise and set time relative to the local horizon if a horizon file is loaded. This can be disabled in Setup/Observatory. Calendar rise/set are always given to the astronomical horizon.
- Set observatory coordinates from the telescope GPS, this set a “Telescope” observatory name and not override other settings.
- New button to Park/Unpark the ASCOM telescope.
- Allow per chart observatory horizon profile.
- Add update menu for Delta T and Jupiter GRS.
- Add orange night vision mode.
- Separate label setting for Asteroid and Comet.
- Option to show only the celestial equator line.
- Option to not filter the bright nebula by magnitude, only by size.
- Option to set the drawing line width. Beware this not work with dash line when printing on Windows because of API limitation.
- Allow to lock at the position set from the menu View/Position.
- Set the tool bar button arangement, size and text in Setup / Toolbar editor. Increase default button size.
- The tool bar editor allow you to edit the button bar layout. The function is available from the menu Setup / Tool bar editor.
- New performance options from menu File/Reset chart and options…
- New tool box function you can activate with the keys F1 to F8.
- Scripting functions and custom tool box capabilities.
- New representation for the Milky Way. This can be activated from the menu Setup / Display / Lines by unchecking “Milky Way - Line mode”.
- Updated Solar system information window with more functionallity.
- Plot images for the main planetary satellites.
- More color and label options.
- Update the artificial satellites TLE files automatically.
- Option to add a crosshair to the chart center.
- Option to add the meridian line with any projection.
- Show comet and asteroid hourly motion in the detail window.
- Update download URL for asteroids and comets.
- New observing list Tour function.
- Add cursor or telescope position to observing list
- Add Tcp/Ip connection to the LX200 telescope interface.
- Use INDIstarter to manage the INDI server.
- New INDI control panel.
- OpenNGC replace NGC2000, it is now include with the base version.
- Use official IAU star name.
- The following catalog change require to install the new version with 4.0 in the file name from the catalog download section.
- New version of GCVS and WDS catalog.
- New version of PGC/LEDA with 5 million galaxies.
- Add index to search planetary nebula by name.
- Add Sh2 and Barnard catalog.
- Update the pictures using better coordinates from OpenNGC.
- Fixed bugs.