Songbird is multimedia cross-platform browser and web-player, developed based on Firefox, VLC Player and SQLite. Main operating mode is working with library. It is oriented on performance of audio files both from hard drive and network.
Songbird supports different music formats and music services. It provides option of multi-media library creation for organizing all music files in the one archive. Compositions in active network playlists can be included. Interface customization is available with using skins. Multilanguage interface.
- Songbird supports MP3, FLAC, Vorbis, WMA, WMA DRM, AAC.
- Smart Playlists.
- In-built Gecko-based browser (supports tabs).
- Shows future performances in your region, basing on artists in your library.
- Internal Last.fm scribbler (through standard plugin).
- Add media to Songbird by importing from your file system or iTunes.
- SHOUTcast radio directory.
- Songbird uses GStreamer as the main media playback system, across all platforms.
- Gapless Playback & Replay Gain.
- Skips padding data due to encoding and chains files for gapless playback experience.
- Adjusts the playback gain appropriately if a track's metadata contains replay gain information.
- Album Artwork.
- Display the currently playing track's album art and write new artwork back to the file.
- Automatically fetch missing album art from the web.
- Automatically import media from a defined folder.
- Create dynamic playlists that are automatically updated based on criteria you have set.
- Plugins and Cores Automatic Updates.
- Setup Assistant for quickly setup Songbird for the first time.
- Library Management - browse, organize, sort and search your media.
|Author:||Pioneers of the Inevitable|
|Windows:||XP, Vista, 7|